POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mega-POV Post-Processing Request : Re: Mega-POV Post-Processing Request Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:15:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mega-POV Post-Processing Request
From: pk
Date: 23 Apr 2000 19:01:45
Message: <390380D7.3DF36E34@videotron.ca>
Chris Huff wrote:
> I think a better way would be to implement one or several "film type"
> post processing filters which cover physical models as well as computer
> effects...you could have "standard computer graphics"(the current type),
> various color films, black and white, antique sepia tone, light
> intensity, etc.
Don't you think that encapsulating(system call) the code would be
better?
And, what if i want to program in basic or pascal or whatever...
I think that you might want to add some feature directly in MegaPOV's
code, but still offer the opportunity to use your own post-processing
stuff on a single image, instead of doing a patch for one job...
> Also, I think the post_process stuff really belongs in the camera, not
> global_settings. This is just personal preference, though...
Well... it'd fit better there in most ways of thinking, but if you see
it in a hierarchical way, where the cam is part of the scene, it'd
belong in the global settings, i think....
--
AKA paul_virak_khuong at yahoo.com, pkhuong at deja.com, pkhuong at
crosswinds.net and pkhuong at technologist.com(list not complete)...